Friday 18 January 2013

eBay

Life just hit a new level of exciting as I was welcomed to the world of eBay selling.

I've been on eBay countless times... looking at things to buy; phone cases, jewellery etc. and I've always wondered how much money people get from selling their unwanted items on the site. It always amazes me with the kinds of things you find on there, for example, food. Why would you turn to eBay when in need of food? You have no idea where it's been or who it previously belonged too... it's just a bit gross really. My boyfriend was also telling me this morning that someone from his work bought a pair of trainers from eBay. His friend bought them for £15 (a price you would find in cheap high street stores) and the fact that they were trainers that had been worn by someone else's  smelly, sweaty, dirty feet....? Yuk.

I decided to see if I would be able to sell something online, as a new idea of making money. The item I chose to use as my guinea pig item was a necklace. I never wear the necklace anymore and I've only worn it a few times, meaning that it is still in a good condition.

I took a picture of my product, obviously trying to make it look as appealing as possible, and wrote my description - "a lovely, purple, flowery necklace that looks great with a plain top." ...Safe to say I had no idea what to write. 


After finishing off presenting the item, I confirmed and it was added to eBay! I then tried to search for my item as if I was looking for a purple, flowery necklace and I couldn't find it anywhere... not on page one, or page 7 or even page 23. My hopes were not very high.

However... this morning I woke up to an email that made my day - "You've sold your eBay item: Flower Necklace".... I screamed. My first eBay sell! I was over the moon.

I have already packaged up the necklace, ready to be sent to my buyer as soon as the £2.50 she payed for it goes in to my account...

£2.50 isn't exactly going to make me rich (not even close...) BUT it has inspired me to sell more of my unwanted items on eBay and hopefully I can make a bit of money from it! 

Gemma x

No comments:

Post a Comment