Friday 15 March 2013

NAIL OBSESSION (a girly post)

For the last year I seem to have had a bit of an obsession with painting my nails and experimenting with nail art. Glitter, colours, patterns... you name it, I LOVE it!
Youtubing 'nail art' is a great way to find loads of amazing ideas. A lot of them definitely need a very steady hand, but most of them are actually pretty easy when you watch the tutorial :) 
Over Christmas, my ten year old cousin spent hours showing me nail art tutorials, which made us want to try out our own...


The picture above is of my nails on Christmas Day 2012... a simple red base coat, with red dots on the thumb and ring finger. We found that making dots with a toothpick gave great results, and also didn't cost a thing as we already had them in the house!
Snowguins?

The second picture (nice and messy as you can see!) were our own creation of penguins/snowmen. Due to a lack of black nail varnish, we couldn't go for the penguins we originally wanted so we sort of created our own funny blob creatures which vaguely resembled snowmen or penguins....

I find painting my nails really relaxing and sort of therapeutic  therefore I find myself painting at least three or four times a week! They chip so easily as well so that is just another excuse to paint them more I guess....

Last night, my housemate and I spent a good few hours (we are so cool) painting our nails and trying out new designs. We used a pencil dipped in white nail varnish instead of toothpicks as we didn't have any handy, however this worked just as well!

I love having multicoloured nails and I think pastel colours work really well!

Glitter is also a great way to make your nails festive or stand out for special occasions 

She showed me a website http://weheartit.com/ which has loads of amazing nail designs that we looked at for ages. I'll definitely be getting some more inspiration from that website in the future



Below are some nail art ideas from the website that I love...








Let me know what you think and post some of your own nail art below!

Gemma x

3 comments:

  1. i'm also obsessed with painting my nails and making different designs. :D
    if u wanna have a look, i have a whole album on facebook with designs i made: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.199507076775830.47379.100001496175651&type=3 enjoy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nail art is incredible Stefi! So talented :):) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! keep exercising, i like urs as well! at the beginning i was using sello-tape to make the lines straight lol :D x

    ReplyDelete