Wednesday 17 October 2012

Facebook - The Things That Connect Us

I recently came across the new Facebook campaign on Youtube - a video named "The Things That Connect Us"

The video was bought out just as the social networking site hit the one billion user mark, to celebrate and honour those who are active users of Facebook
It uses the object, a chair, to demonstrate how we take things for granted in the world and everything is made for a reason. The advert states, "Every chair has its day, and it ought to thank Facebook for that." As crazy as it sounds... chairs unite us. Ever country, almost every person in the world has a chair or has sat in many chairs over their life time. The same way that Facebook unites the billion users that connect all together on one site. 
I think the video is clever as it makes you think and makes you realise the little things you wouldn't normally think about. Siting down on a chair is just part of my normal life... I don't even think twice as I bend my knees and park myself upon the chair I have chosen at that particular time, the same way I don't think twice about logging in to Facebook on my laptop, my phone...
Watch the video and let me know your thoughts

Gemma x

No comments:

Post a Comment